Monday, July 8

"I see you're drinking 1%. Is that 'cause you think you're fat? 'Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to.“


Napoleon Dynamite (2004)
It’s so peculiar that I forget it’s a high school movie. I adore everything about this film, from the soundtrack (the White Stripes and When in Rome) to the characters (even Uncle Rico). The middle-of-nowhere flyover state, the long stretching roads surrounded by fields, Deb's photoshoots, the physical education class scenes, Pedro’s cousins, the cinematography masterfully capturing all present awkwardness. And of course, I find myself quoting from it almost every day (whatever I feel like, gosh! frickin idiot!). Another fun trivia, I'd do anything to have Kip in my life.



Food in Napoleon's world is pretty mundane (school lunches, diner milkshakes, some dang quesadilla) and most of the times, kind of disgusting (see: Tina's food, egg farm, dairy contest). The amount of steak consumed throughout the entire movie amazes me. And oh, who can forget the iconic tater tots? "Napoleon, give me some of your tater tots!" Eccentric food choices for eccentric people.


No comments:

Post a Comment