Sunday, July 21

"Thirty, flirty and thriving"


13 Going on 30 (2004)
I’ll try not to be sentimental about a romcom, but this made me think about the choices I've made and how they shaped me as a person. Choices like the people I surround myself with and the things I do with the majority of my time. The ultimate question is: Do you like who you've become? Jenna doesn't. But she doesn't accept her situation, she changes. And that’s awesome because life is a fluid thing. I could never relate to this film because thirteen year old me thought everyone, not only boys, had cooties and all I did was read books. I really appreciated little Matt's dance to Talking Heads WISH I HAD A BUDDY LIKE HIM



Along with the now cringe-worthy early 2000s fashion trends, every teen's dreams of being a successful somebody in the Big Apple is shown through the food Jenna eats. A big shot magazine editor, Jenna totes around Starbucks, eats shrimp cocktails at fancy parties, and drinks pina colada in hip bars. Truly livin da NYC life. And there's the Razzles. I want. To eat that. On a side note, I couldn't help but imagine Lucy/Tom-Tom, who is played by Judy Greer, flashing people and shouting 'SAY GOODBYE TO THESE' in every scene because in my mind she will be Kitty Sanchez forever.


2 comments:

  1. Sorry I just had to comment again. GREAT MOVIE, I
    WATCHED IT A FEW WEEKS AGO AND IT'S SO FUNNY xx

    http://wastelandsofwisdom.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god I used to watch this literally every weekend when I was younger, when I look back at it now the fashion was hilariously bad haha! Love your blog! xx
    ultraspectacular.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete