Wednesday, July 10

"Only a certain kind of woman wears a backless dress with a Beretta 70 strapped to her thigh."


Skyfall (2012)
The people of Skyfall do not eat, rather they drink. Most people's bodies are made up of 70% water, Bond's vessel is 70% alcohol. Seriously, all the characters consume is liquid: scotch, champagne, martini, coffee, beer…as long as it’s a liquid stimulant, they’ll drink it. I'm not so keen on the Bond films, or any action flicks with unnecessary destruction and female objectification (I'm looking at you, Mr. Bay), but I felt compelled to watch it because everyone around me had been raving about it. I liked the soft-spoken Q and the iconic espionage guitar/trumpet work and the whole fabulousness of killing people (◕‿◕✿)



I guess the excess gulping down makes sense because they make it clear in the movie that Bond is an alcoholic and a pill popper, but they make it seem so glamorous. We're always finding him at exotic bars in exotic countries. What they don't make it clear is the title 'Skyfall.' I don’t think the film explained what Skyfall was until this scene:
This is where the audience goes “ohhhh, okay.”

All hazy titles aside, look at this bitchin car. It's so babely. A little google work tells me this is a Aston Martin DB5. ~*fangirls over pieces of metal*~

And this was my favorite bit:
The clueless civilian wryly commenting on the hero’s actions should be a trope. Or does it exist already?


No comments:

Post a Comment